10 Programs of Study
40 fun classes to choose from!
CTE Delivers Real-World Skills
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Department at L. C. Anderson High School offers a broad, challenging, and exciting curriculum. CTE gives purpose to learning by emphasizing real-world skills and practical knowledge.
L.C. Anderson High School currently offers ten CTE Programs of Study. These selections are based on workplace, secondary, and higher-education advisement as well as local data and student interest. Programs of Study are designed to give parents and students coherent sequences of courses, industry-based certifications, and work-based learning to ensure students are prepared for in-demand, high-skill, high-wage careers in Texas.
Students enrolled in CTE Programs of Study can expect:
- To learn academic knowledge and technical skills needed to gain entry to high-skill, high-wage, and high-demand industries
- Challenging state academic standards
- Skills aligned with the needs of industries in the state, regional, and/or local economy
- Courses Progressing in specificity
- Attainment of a recognized postsecondary credential
- Hands-on learning combined with real-world scenarios
- Students often have the opportunity to participate in internships
- Engagement with mentors from our local business community
- Opportunities to compete in competitions
- Some courses earn college credit